1. Send a letter, a card, or make a telephone call to a long
lost friend or relative and renew that relationship.
2. Invite someone to dinner who is alone or on their own.
3. Visit a shut-in, elderly friend, or someone who is sick.
4. Offer a ride to someone to appointment, shopping etc.
5. Send a thank you/congratulatory note to a
co-worker/classmate, appreciating their efforts and the
difference they make.
6. Assist a co-worker or classmate with a project.
7. Dedicate a song to a special someone on the radio.
8. Prepare a favourite meal/snack for family or friend.
9. Share your professional expertise with someone in need
of that help.
10. Offer your services of childcare to allow a new mother
some personal time.
11. Take the garbage out for your neighbour.
12. Let someone into line with fewer items than you at the
13. Help rake your neighbour’s leaves.
14. Assist with household activities.
15. Smile, talk, or “hang out” with a co-worker/classmate with
whom you may not usually do so.
16. Wash and vacuum someone’s car.
17. Store furniture for someone.
18. Help someone move.
19. Loan your bicycle/car/tools to someone.
20. Share your discount coupons.
21. Let your staff go home a few minutes early.
22. Write a poem/song/paint a picture for someone.
23. Teach someone a new skill.
24. Call or email a long lost friend or relative and get
25. Open and hold a door for someone.
26. Help someone obviously struggling with a heavy load.
27. Carry groceries to the car and return the cart for a parent
with a child, or a senior etc.
28. Volunteer your time and skills.
29. Come to work early and make coffee for your co-workers.
30. Offer your parking space to someone; give your “pay and
display” with time left on it to someone.
31. Gather up your gently used clothes, toys, furniture, and
books and donate them to appropriate organization.
32. Safely assist someone in need of roadside help.
33. Congratulate/comfort a teammate.
34. Let someone into the line of traffic.
35. Leave a thank you note for the paperboy/postal worker.
36. Reward a loyal customer.
37. Thank/appreciate a business owner/staff person who has
provided you with excellent service.
38. Educate others about Random Act of Kindness Day and
discuss the importance of “everyday kindness.”
39. Tidy up the staff kitchen at your office.
40. Pick up litter and be kind to our environment.
41. Pick up clothing that may have fallen off a hanger in a
42. Compliment someone on their hair/clothing /job well
43. Give gently used toys and clothing to a shelter.
44. Make your family’s favourite dinner.
45. Carpool with someone for the day.
46. Ride your bike to work /school to save carbon emissions
and be kind to the environment.
47. Allow a student to job shadow you.
48. Help someone with their resume.
49. Refer a job opening to someone looking for a position.
50. Share magazines that you get a subscription to when you
are finished with them.