Step Up for Mental Health!
Established in 2019, Step Up for Mental Health is a Saskatoon-based run/walk to raise funds and awareness for mental health. Every dollar from registration fees, plus a matching amount from Cameco, supports the Cameco Fund for Mental Health. Step Up shifted to a virtual format in 2020 and 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but still attracted a combined 7,500 registrants for those events. All funds raised will be disbursed to Saskatchewan organizations undertaking projects that support mental health.
Step Up for Mental Health was established by Cameco in partnership with Brainsport, Saskatoon Community Foundation and the Saskatchewan Health Authority. Applications for funding will be adjudicated by a panel that includes mental health professionals, as well as representatives from Cameco and Saskatoon Community Foundation.
The 2021 Granting Program disbursed over $439,000 for 22 projects benefiting 17 communities in Saskatchewan.
Applying for Step Up for Mental Health Funding
- Your application must be focused on mental health
- Application process is open to registered charities, qualified donees, non-profits*, and organized groups* (*for groups without a charitable number, please use 12-3456789 when creating your online account)
- Your project must operate in and benefit a community in Saskatchewan
- All applications must be received via the online application form and must be completed in full to be considered
- Please direct questions to email@example.com or call 306.665.1767.
October 4, 2021Call for applications
November 4, 2021 @ 5:00 pmApplication deadline
Early DecemberAnnouncement of successful applicants