Quality of Life is our core unrestricted grants program.
Thousands of donors over the Saskatoon Community Foundation’s 52 year history have given so that our foundation will have the flexibility to address the most important and pressing community opportunities. These grants are supported not only by thousands of smaller donations which make up the Give YXE Fund, but also many endowed funds for which the donors have given the Foundation discretion to make granting decisions. To support the Quality of Life grants program, you may make a gift to Give YXE.
Photo: Crocus Co-op workers, by Axis Imagery.
2023 Grant Recipients
Congratulations to all of the organizations receiving 2023 Quality of Life grants. They are:
- Autism Services of Saskatoon – Summer Day Camps
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Saskatoon & Area – Youth Facing Adversities Mentorship Project
- Care & Share Saskatoon Inc. – Babysitter Program
- CLASSIC (Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon Inner City Inc.) – Summer Student and Student Manater Program
- Crocus Cooperative – Kitchen Program
- Elizabeth Fry Society of Saskatchewan Inc. – Continuing Support for Incarcerated Individuals
- Family Service Saskatoon – Youth Thriving
- FASD Network of Saskatchewan – Intensive Support Program
- Foundations Learning & Skills Saskatchewan (formerly READ Saskatoon) – Monthly Budget Planner
- Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools Foundation – St. Mary’s Summer Camp
- Inclusion Saskatchewan – Family Network
- MCC Canada – Meadowgreen Youth Program
- Prairie Harm Reduction – Prairie Harm Reduction Drop-In Centre
- Saskatchewan Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Inc. – DHH Youth Programming
- Saskatoon Friendship Inn – Compassionate Care Project
- Saskatoon Indian and Métis Friendship Centre – Berbasthi si: Dene for “I Am Hungry”
- Saskatoon Open Door Society – Youth Leadership Initiative
- SUM Theatre Corp. – Theatre in the Park 2023
- The Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc./EGADZ – Action to Employment Community Crew
- Truly Alive Youth and Family Foundation Inc. – Emerging Leaders Civic Engagement Program
Everyone deserves to be part of a community where they feel they belong. Saskatoon Community Foundation supports projects which seek to support, enhance and increase a strong sense of belonging in the community. Registered charities are encouraged to submit requests for support of projects fostering Belonging in Saskatoon in three main areas of focus:
Does your project address directly or indirectly any of the 94 Calls to Action identified by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission? Does your project reflect an awareness of issues affecting relationships among indigenous and non-indigenous Canadians?
2. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
Does your project improve inclusiveness among diverse cultures or demographic groups? Does it seek to improve equity for a particular segment of the community, or improve the community’s understanding of issues around equity? Does it promote cross-cultural tolerance or understanding? Does it value and celebrate our diversity?
3. Youth Engagement
How does your project or program engage youth to be included more effectively in Saskatoon’s community life?
Before you apply
Please review our Granting Policy and Quality of Life Granting Terms of Reference prior to applying.
Note: In accordance with federal regulations, the Foundation considers applications from registered charities and qualified donees, as defined by the Income Tax Act. A registered not for profit organization is not necessarily a registered charity. Questions about registered charity status can be answered by the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-267-2384 or www.cra-arc.gc.ca. Organizations which are not qualified donees must partner with qualified donees in order to seek funding. The partnership must be one in which the qualified donee organization can present the programming as part of its charitable mission, serve as the recipient of grant funds and be accountable for their use.
Opening date for Letters of Intent is December 1st, 2023.
Deadline for Letters of Intent to Apply for Quality of Life Grants is February 1st at 5:00 p.m. each year.
Deadline for full applications (if requested) is March 1st at 5:00 p.m. each year.