Applications accepted Feb 1st to March 1st at 5:00pm (watch for changes)
Young people who care about their communities are increasingly getting involved in philanthropy.
By forming Youth Advisory Councils (YACs) within local community foundations, young people come together to raise money, build endowment funds and make grants to local youth projects. YACs are in their teens and twenties, with a lot of ideas and energy to bring to the table. There are already YACs in more than 55 communities across Canada, and the momentum is building.
In 2004, the Saskatoon Community Foundation launched its own Youth Advisory Council (YAC). Between 2004 and 2012, our YAC enhanced the quality of life for Saskatoon children and youth by disbursing grants from the Batting 1000 Endowment for Children and Youth, a fund created from gifts from many donors who wanted to see youth take a greater role in philanthropy in our community. Beginning in 2013, the Batting 1000 Endowment for Children and Youth was renamed Youth Endowment Saskatoon, and grants made from the fund are now known as YES! Now, the YAC says YES! to projects for children and youth in Saskatoon. To make a donation to support Youth Endowment Saskatoon, visit the Youth Endowment Saskatoon fund page.
The 2020 Youth Advisory Council invited applications for projects in the following areas:
1. Health Promotion Activities
- Focus on Mental Health and/or Holistic healthy activities
- Sexual Health Promotion
- Addictions awareness programs, Drug and Alcohol mis-use prevention programs
- Suicide Prevention and Awareness
2. Community Safety and Belonging
- Focus on promotion of diversity within Saskatoon
- Programs that will focus on housing and providing safe spaces for youth
- Life Skills programs ( programs with a focus on skills needed to live independently)
- Celebrating youth successes in Saskatoon
- Programs that target youth-in-care or custody or have been in care and/or custody
- Projects that focus on local environmental issues
Youth should be involved in the delivery, planning or implementation of projects, and projects should have a direct impact on lives of youth in Saskatoon or other communities in Saskatchewan.
All applications will be reviewed by the Youth Advisory Committee. The YAC will recommend grants for approval by the Saskatoon Community Foundation Board of Directors.
Applications are accepted starting Feb 1st and ending March 1st at 5:00pm (watch for changes).